Monday, July 9, 2012

Hypocrisy, Propaganda, Brainwashing and Weed

It's really amazing how we all grew up just accepting certain facts, while not expressing, nor being encouraged to express, the slightest bit of incredulity.

For example, the things were were taught about marijuana: 

It's socially acceptable to say "I've had a really rough week. I'm going to have my friends come over and pound back a bunch of shots and play some video games so I can unwind and forget all about this stressful week."

It's socially unacceptable to say "I've had a really rough week. I'm going to have my friends come over and smoke a joint and play some video games so I can unwind and forget all about this stressful week."

It's legal to have my friends come over and pound back a bunch of shots and play some video games so I can unwind and forget all about my stressful week.

It's illegal to have my friends come over and smoke a joint and play some video games so I can unwind and forget all about my stressful week.

Yet, I submit to you this: What's the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell magx01 and the rest of The Thoughtful Gamers what's on your mind!