So, here is his submission. Read, enjoy, laugh, cry, recoil in horror, whatever and then feel free to comment, and let him know what you think, where you agree/disagree, etc. And thanks very much to Venomous for taking the time to do this. Btw, if anyone reading this wants to see the other entries, and/or enter their own submission, please click the link above. Thanks. (For now, though, you can have a link to my (magx01's) entry (hey, I started the damn thing!)
1) What is an atheist?/What do atheists believe?/Don't atheists worship Satan?/Can you prove that god does not exist?
I think atheists simply don't believe in deities ( to sum it all up ). In what do they believe i personally have no idea because once we remove faith as a factor i think we are entering subjective waters. And no they don't worship Satan that's hilarious - they don't even believe he exists. And no i can't prove that God doesn't exist nor that he exists but i do believe there are some things that are better left without explanation.
2) Aren't there some things that science can't explain? Also, how can you trust science since it's always changing?
As i've said i think some things are better off without explanations. Can science explain everything? On some level probably but there will always be mysteries that are unsolvable. Can i trust science? To the point where it doesn't clash with business which means not that much in this day and age.
3) What evidence would convince you that god exists?
I suppose we are talking about The God here. In that case if he came down right in front of me ( visual effects and all ) i would believe. Currently i don't really. Either that or he is a very bad manager ( and definitely not a woman because no woman can fuck this up so bad ;) ).
4) Why is there something rather than nothing?
Because even when you are sitting down and staring at a wall you are still doing something rather than nothing.
5) Where do atheists think the universe came from?
I think it's subjective but perhaps certain sexy atheist can answer this for me ;)
6) If you met god, what would you say to him?
Dude you fucked up. Allow me to be your manager ( here i even have a diploma ) so we can fix the world.
7) Everyone believes in god, why don't atheists believe too?
People believe in all kinds of things - it's why they are called beliefs rather than belief so with that being said it's their personal choice.
8) Where do morals come from, if not from god?
They come from society which is why we have different morals in different countries and parts of the world.
9) What's the point of living if you don't believe in god?
Pleasure? Knowledge? Power? Inventing? Being known? There are plenty but each of us have our own goals, god or not.
10) If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys alive today?
I am not really familiar with evolution but if i may throw a theory - different surroundings force different types of evolution.
11) Don't you atheists wish there was a heaven?
Do you? :)
12) Why blog, debate on forums, make videos, etc?
On the subject or in general? I guess either way it's to spread out your opinions but also information.
13) Pascal's Wager basically states that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose, whereas living as an atheist can possibly cost you everything but you gain nothing. Essentially, why don't you just believe, what do you have to lose?
magx01's note: Participant failed to answer this question.
14. *Custom Question of the Participant's Choosing*
magx01's note: Participant failed to create and then answer a 14th question.