Friday, February 4, 2011

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake In The Works

An article (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/) over at Joystiq is saying that an HD Remake of Halo 1 is in the works for this year.

An excerpt:
The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.



The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).
Sources are unnamed and unable to be checked, so I'd take this with a grain of salt; on the other hand, Joystiq is reliable, to my knowledge, and this would seriously damage their reputation if untrue, so I wouldn't be surprised if this true after all. It certainly makes sense given that this is the 10 year anniversary of Halo, if you will, and it will sell very, very well if it's done well. Hell, I might even buy the damn thing, especially if the online co-op turns out to be true. I'm not much into shooters anymore, but I loved Halo: CE and a remake with online co-op has a small part of me somewhat excited at the prospect.

This could be the first FPS I buy since Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited about this, but am afraid of MS ass-raping on the price front. How much would you pay for this remake, if it's just the game with updated graphics? Am not sure myself, but if they did add online co-op, as well as some of the other features from newer Halo games, then I think I would be willing to pay 60 for that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell magx01 and the rest of The Thoughtful Gamers what's on your mind!